Title: RE: the installation nightmare continues

>edit makepl_args.mod_perl:

>   APACHE_SRC=../apache-1.3/src
>   APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache
>   DO_HTTPD=1
>   USE_APACI=1
>   EVERYTHING=1

This is exactly what mine looks like.  I don't have the:
>  APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
>   APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=so

since I doun't want to run modperl as DSO.  Most literature I'm reading points against it...so for now I'm just trying to have modperl run static.

I didn't relaize that do_httpd=1 was building apache...My issue still remains that make test still won't work.  Here is the tail of my make test output:

cp t/conf/mod_perl_srm.conf t/conf/srm.conf
/home/jhodge/dloads/ap_mp/apache_1.3.28/src/httpd -f
`pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
httpd listening on port 8529
Syntax error on line 3 of
/home/jhodge/dloads/ap_mp/mod_perl-1.28/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/local/bin/perl t/TEST 0
still waiting for server to warm up...............not
ok
server failed to start! (please examine
t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line 95.
make: *** [run_tests] Error 111

It looks like apache isn't building properly through the modperl install....
What would cause? :
Invalid command '=pod', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

It builds if I make apache without modperl