> On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 01:46, Cory 'G' Watson wrote:
> Well, first of all, you're just asking for trouble if you turn on
> PerlFreshRestart.  Don't do it.

I forget why I added it.  My (poor) memory seems to recall something from
the Eagle book causing me to add it.  I'd never seen the 'evil' document
before this weekend.  My Eagle book is at the office, and I don't recall
reading about it in the new Horse book.

> Do you hava anything like a PerlModule App in your httpd.conf?  You
> haven't actually shown us your real conf, startup, or code, so I'm just
> guessing here.

No, I only had a 'use App;' in my startup.

> Are you no longer having problems now that you turned off
> PerlFreshRestart?

The problem has since gone away.  I accidentally only replied to Ged
Haywood when I got the thing working.

When I added a caller() to the top of my module, I saw the initial
startup.pl use(), and then a later eval() that I couldn't track.  When I
turned OFF PerlFreshRestart, the order was reversed (eval() before
startup.pl's use()) and my problem, of course, went away.

I assumed from the beginning that this was something of my own doing, I
just wanted to know why my ignorance was causing to happen.  It seems that
PerlFreshRestart causes some difference in the loading of my modules.

--
Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.loggerithim.org