On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 22:15, Cory 'G' Watson wrote:
> No, I only had a 'use App;' in my startup.

Your startup comes before the virtual host sections then?

> When I added a caller() to the top of my module, I saw the initial
> startup.pl use(), and then a later eval() that I couldn't track.  When I
> turned OFF PerlFreshRestart, the order was reversed (eval() before
> startup.pl's use()) and my problem, of course, went away.
>
> I assumed from the beginning that this was something of my own doing, I
> just wanted to know why my ignorance was causing to happen.  It seems that
> PerlFreshRestart causes some difference in the loading of my modules.

As I understand it, the only thing that PerlFreshRestart does is clear
%INC when you restart the sever (with a USR1 signal), kind of like this:

while (($k, $v) = each(%INC))
{
 delete($INC{$k}); eval("require $k");
}

I don't know where that eval call would be coming from with PerlFreshRestart
 off.  That's why I was wondering if you had PerlModule call somewhere in
 httpd.conf.

- Perrin