From: Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Strange mod_perl2/Apache2 behavior -- I think
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:21:54 -0700

[...]
 <Location /b>
       PerlSendHeader On
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler MyApache::MyPackage
 </Location>
[...]
I want the document root directory to be handled by the PerlResponseHandler (i.e. Location /). For specific types of requests I would like the above handler to look up some information in the database and return the info dynamically. The only time I don't want that to happen is if the file already exists OR it's pointing to a directory that exists that has a default document type in it (ie index.html or index.php). Everything else I want the handler to do something special with.

You probably want to write a PerlTransHandler, not a response handler if you are after dispatching. There are plenty examples in the books, perl.apache.org.

If you meant something else, please give us some more meat, your example lacks the logic that you may have the problem with.