Larry Leszczynski wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

Please advise on another way to tell people to respond to the list and not in private. I used to receive much less off-list replies earlier.

[snip]

Purhaps adding a list signature:

Always post followups back to the list!

will help, but who reads that.

Unfortunately I think we've all seen enough "unsubscribe me" emails to
know that people don't read the info that is *already* being added to the
outgoing mail...

One can argue that it's not obvious that one has to look at the headers to find out the unsubscribe information. Most modern mail-clients hide the headers by default. You need to know that you want to look at them.

I think the new signature that Ask has added last week doesn't leave place for such valid excuses ;)

Stas, you probably get it worst just because of the volume of mail you
send to the list (which we're all grateful for!).  Maybe when you do your
mod_perl list reading you should just configure your outgoing email with:
Kind of a pain for you though...

Hmm, that's an idea. Won't the list software strip this header? I shell try it now. If it works I should just figure out how to add an outgoing mozilla-mail filter to push this header, if the email is sent to the modperl list.

Thanks for the idea, Larry!