On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 05:02, Xavier Noria wrote:
> > Can you tell us more about the problem is?  What do you see when you
> > take the session hash back out of pnotes?
>
> I have dumped the hash in a content handler and it seems to be OK.

Okay, then what is the problem that you're asking for help with here?

> When a request is received the session id is retrieved from a cookie.
> The schema (with some irrelevant checks removed) would be this:
>
>     my %cookies = Apache::Cookie->fetch;
>     my $cookie = $cookies{COOKIE_NAME()};
>     my $session_id = $cookie->value;
>     my %session;
>     eval {
>         tie %session, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $session_id,
>           {Handle => $class->dbh(), Commit => 1};
>     };

Okay, but I was asking how you get it back from pnotes.

> That code works all right if \%session is not stored in pnotes(), but if
> it is put the session is not read back from the database and I have
> checked from a database client that there is no new row written.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.  What you should be
doing is fetching the session once, putting it in pnotes, and getting it
from pnotes for the rest of the request.

- Perrin