Hi!

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:59:23AM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:

> I would rather be able to build the module myself anyway, rather than
> using a PPM package.

I guess (and Geoffrey (who BTW transfered maintainership of Apache::Dispatch
to me..) suggested something) the problem lies within the custom configuration
directives used by Apache::Dispatch.

I'm planning to make these optional in the next release of Apache::Dispatch,
so you could either use
  DispatchPrefix Bar
(which needs compiling)
or
  PerlSetVar DispatchPrefix Bar
(which doesn't need compiling and should thus make installation easier)

> BTW, do other people have it working under Perl 5.8.0 on other
> platforms?  I'm not sure if this problem is Windows-related or
> 5.8.0-related.

There is one FAIL reported on:
http://testers.cpan.org/show/Apache-Dispatch.html

I complied it without problem on Linux Perl 5.8.0 and 5.6.1.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at