Stas Bekman wrote:

Randy Kobes wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Steve Hay wrote:

I believe that mod_perl 2 now installs the mod_perl.lib
somewhere to solve that kind of problem.  Is there an
option in the mod_perl 1 build process to thave that
library installed, or could that be added to the next
release?

That's a good suggestion - you're right that mod_perl 2 installs the mod_perl.lib under the Apache2/ tree, and it would make sense for mod_perl 1 to do the same, with Apache::MyConfig adjusted to reflect that. I'll look into putting together something to do that.

Does it? According to Apache::Build, it should be installed under the apache tree's lib:

Yes, in my Apache2 setup (the one that I can't get working with Perl 5.8.1...) I have mod_perl.lib in C:\Apache2\lib. I didn't change any of the installation locations.

I'd assumed that's what Randy meant, actually - Apache2/lib being under the Apache2/ tree :-)

Having said that, the BuildConfig.pm doesn't actually seem to refer to the location that the library has been installed into -- like mp1, it refers to the location in which it was built! I have:

'MODPERL_LIB_LOCATION' => 'C:/Temp/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.lib',

in BuildConfig.pm. Wouldn't it be better for that to be 'C:/Apache2/lib/mod_perl.lib'?

- Steve