Steve Hay wrote:
[...]
Having a pointer to where the mod_perl.lib library was
installed would be useful. I'm not sure calling it
MODPERL_STATIC_LIB_LOCATION would be the best thing on
Win32, as it's not a static library as such, but something
could be come up with ...

Well, if ModPerl::MM does the right thing, a developer will not even need to know where it is located. So probably leaving it as it's now is fine. The only misleading part is that MODPERL_LIB_LOCATION points to the build dir, so it should probably be renamed to reflect that.

I'm not sure that's the *only* mis-leading part, but, as you say, if it all works then it shouldn't really matter too much.

What other misleading parts are we talking about?

The main thing is to get mod_perl.lib installed in the first place under mp1.

I remember someone wanted to port ModPerl::MM to mp1, if that happens, than it'd become a non-issue as well ;)