On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 12:46, Zack Brown wrote:
> I'd like to implement something that tries to ensure that one user can't
> masquerade as multiple users.

We talked quite a bit about preventing multiple logins recently.  I
think it was last week.  Check the archives.

> I'm looking into Captchas

Are you trying to prevent multiple people from using the same account,
or one person from having multiple windows open, or anyone from using
bots?

> My
> impression so far is that there's no 100% effective way to do it.

That's correct, unless you have control over the client machines.  You
can require cookies, which will tell you if multiple users on separate
browsers are sharing a login, but that's about all you can do without
possibly breaking your system for someone.

- Perrin