Chris M wrote:

The opening is <Perl >, but the clsoing is </Perl>. It wan't the space in the
opening tag, because in httpd-2.0 the parser requires an argument in all
containers (with a leading space), so opening <Foo> is invalid, but it's
always </Foo> in closing.

That is certainly good information, but I'm struggling to make use of it.

So does it work ok now?

I was reading this:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#PerlSetVar_and_PerlAddVar

Of course they use <Perl> and </Perl> there.

Larry just posted a patch to fix that to the docs-dev list. I've pinged Philippe to see whether it's cast in stone before applying that docs fix.

Apparently, you are saying 2.0 uses a different syntax?  Since I'm using
1.99_09 I think we can assume that is close enough to 2.0 :)  But I don't
find anything on the web site about <Perl> under 2.0

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/PerlSections.html

most of the mp1 docs apply (besides the opening tag), and someone needs to port them to mp2 docs. Can that someone please stand up?