Chris M wrote:
I am trying to get a new configuration going. When I start 2.0.47 I get:

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 1110 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
<Perl> directive missing closing '>'     [FAILED]

Line 1110 is the <Perl> line below:

PerlModule Apache::ASP
<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside-asp>
        <Files ~ (\.cgi)>
                AddHandler perl-script .cgi
                PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        </Files>
        <Perl>
               $MLDBM::RemoveTaint = 1;
        </Perl>

In recent versions of Apache::ASP, I do not believe you need RemoveTaint, so if you just remove that Perl block entirely, I think you will be fine.

Also be sure to explicitly set StateDir, or set NoState instead, otherwise
your state file end up in Global/.state which is probably not what you want.

Also note that some older versions of mod_perl 2 had problems parsing <Perl>
blocks, so be sure to upgrade to the latest mod_perl 2 released if you
want to use them.

Regards,

Josh

NodeWorks Link Checker                 http://www.nodeworks.com