THELLA,RITA (HP-Cupertino,ex3) wrote:

Here is the extra.conf:
[...]

it'd be better to attach the file, rather than inlining it as your mail-client has wrapped up the lines, but you couldn't have known ;) But let's assume that it's not wrapped in the original.

<Directory
/proj/middleware/rthella/mod_perl-1.99_11/t/htdocs/includes-registry>
    SetHandler perl-script
    Options +ExecCGI +IncludesNoExec
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders +GlobalRequest
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .spl
</Directory>

Looks good. I think the fact that it reports

Invalid per-unknown PerlOption: ParseHeaders

is that it doesn't know it's inside Directory, and not because of the ParseHeaders option. Could it be that it (1) fails to find this directory on the filesystem (e.g. are there any symlinks involved in this path?) or (2) that the dir path is too long? I don't remember any reports from HP-UX users, so it's possible that there are some gotchas on this system.

Let's try to verify it, assuming that you have /tmp change t/conf/extra.conf:

-<Directory /proj/middleware/rthella/mod_perl-1.99_11/t/htdocs/includes-registry>
+<Directory /tmp>
    SetHandler perl-script
    Options +ExecCGI +IncludesNoExec
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    PerlOptions +ParseHeaders +GlobalRequest
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .spl
</Directory>

(- to remove the line, + to add), i.e just trying to use a short and plain directory (hoping /tmp is not a symlink).

Not simply try to start the server as follows:

  cd /proj/middleware/rthella/mod_perl-1.99_11/
  t/TEST -start

Does it still fail in the same place?