Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> It doesn't sound like a good idea. Users ain't need to mess with
> bucket brigades, unless they really want to. If the upload is always
> going through the temp file, why making things complex for the users?

Exactly because it is NOT always going through a temp file.
Just look further upthread- this particular user doesn't
even *want* a temp file, just the data.  Why should he need
to make all those "open/read/write/close file" system calls
if he doesn't need them?

> In any case it's the best to hide the internals behind an API,
> so you can do:
>
> my $upload_data = $req->upload('file')->slurp;
>
> and inside slurp you have the C API to do anything you need. How
> does that sound?

That's a possibility, but I fail to see its advantage over
APR::Brigade exposing flatten().  It is part of the C API
after all, eh?  Why shouldn't perl programmers have access
to it?

--
Joe Schaefer