On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 17:16, Richard F. Rebel wrote:
> Interesting.  I just noticed documentation on the web site about these
> directives.  Were these docs here about 1 year ago (when I wrote this
> app???).

Those have been there for years.  I remember that stuff being in Doug's
slides before the first alpha release of mp2.

> I have *no* perlInterp* configuration directives.

Judging by the defaults, it sounds like you have a total of 50 perl
interpreters then, and all other threads are either serving static files
or queuing in line for use of an interpreter.

You would get basically the same effect by running prefork with
MaxClients set to 50, and a reverse proxy in front.  Actually, you could
probably run a lot more interpreters with prefork, because it is
currently MORE memory efficient than threads.  I guess you gain a bit of
performance by not going through the proxy, but lose some scalability by
not having the proxy buffer your output to slow clients.

- Perrin