On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 19:48, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 19:37, Richard F. Rebel wrote:
> > Eh well, do I get points for making a prod
> > system run with mp2 and mpm-worker?
>
> Certainly.  We are all eager for this kind of info.

Yay, points.

> > Most of our clients are *slow*, so perhaps this is why things seem to
> > work so well.
>
> Actually, if your clients are slow you would be better off with a
> reverse proxy to do buffering.

This makes sense but if the perl interpreters are tied up as you
mentioned below, I'd need a separate proxy.  We do this on our general
purpose app servers already so I can do some experimentation and report
back.

> > Now, does this sort of explain why I was seeing more memory usage with
> > prefork, slow clients?
>
> That was because you were running 500 interpreters instead of 50.

Speaking of, does anyone know of a way to tell exactly how many
interpreters are running in a given process?

Again, Thanks!

--
Richard F. Rebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
WhenU.com