Geoffrey Young wrote:

Another thing: In order to make my application to run, for the moment I
use Apache::compat as follows:

PerlModule  Apache2
PerlModule  Apache::compat
PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
PerlOptions +SetupEnv

Shouldn't PerlOptions +GlobalRequest +SetupEnv be set by default when
using Apache::compat?

hmm... probably. I'm not sure if there is an API for setting those, though.

We have the way to do it:

Apache->server->add_config(['PerlOptions +GlobalRequest +SetupEnv']);

But normally, those options are set in httpd.conf's specific containers and not always globally for the whole server. I'm not sure it's a good idea to enforce these settings for the whole server. What do you think?

It is, after all, the default behavior when using mp1.

Also, shouldn't Apache::compat 'use' Apache2 to make the 'PerlModule
Apache2' unnecessary?

I don't think so. it's probably better to let the admin determine where the installation ought to point to, rather than compat (or any other module) figuring it out for him - if there is an old Apache2/ install sitting around and a newer one in Apache/ things won't be right.

I agree with Geoff. We could certainly add it, but it takes control away from people. You can't undo things after Apache2 is loaded.