On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:24 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:

> >>What seems to be the problem?
> >
> > Well, the t/config/httpd.conf generated somewhere in the mod_perl build -
> > I couldn't find it on first glance - is based on the
> > Apache 2.0 configuration, NOT the Apache 2.1 configuration. I am
> > looking for a parameter (or patch) to Makefile.PL to force the
> > generation from the Apache 2.1 httpd.conf.
>
> That's only an issue if you are using a 3rd party module with Apache-Test
> and previously run tests with a different server. As Geoff has mentioned
> those configurations are sticky and saved, so in a typical user case you
> never need to type them more than once (actually you never need to type
> them at all if you installed Apache-Test when installing mod_perl 2.0.
>
> In the case you are switching server, you need to tell Apache-Test what are
> the new parameters, e.g.:
>
> APACHE_TEST_HTTPD=/PATH/TO/HTTPD make test
>
> or
>
> t/TEST -httpd=/path/to/httpd
>
> etc. please refer to the documentation for more options.

OK, I used option 1 above, however, it seems that the test suite
_insists_ on testing auth using mod_auth_digest.c (which is not ready
yet in 2.1). The generated http.conf file does this:

<IfModule !mod_auth_digest.c>
    LoadModule auth_digest_module "/usr/apache2/lib/apache/mod_auth_digest.so"
</IfModule>

which brings in a copy of mod_auth_digest.so from another test 2.0 server
and the 2.1 server will not start:

httpd: module "mod_auth_digest.c" is not compatible with this version of
Apache (found 20020903, need 20030821).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
[  error]

OK. So I'll skip the test suite for now and continue on - unless there is
a way to tell it not to test 'auth'.

Aloha => Beau;