Hello All,

This isn't so much a development question as it is one about deployment.
I've built an application which runs with the latest and greatest mod_perl
and apache 2.  It's just a run of the mill content handler which delegates
some stuff to Template.pm.

Now due to internal strictness I have a couple of issues with deployment.
I'm tied on the our test, acceptance and production servers to using
apache 2.0.43.  There are no compilers on these boxes.

To start with I intend to rebuild mod_perl and libapreq2 with the apache
2.0.43 libraries, however it seems that the last stable version I can
build against is mod_perl 1.99.0.9.  Initially I'd like to know if anyone
knows what functionality I'm sacrificing by doing this?

Further, once I've done this on my dev box, I intend to just package the
Apache and Apache2 namespace modules/so's, together with the mod_perl so
and libapreq.so and put these straight into the apache and perl (same
version) builds on our test servers.  What I'm not sure of is whether this
will work?

So in essance, I'm asking what it is that I stand to lose by going to
mod_perl 1.99.09 and whether I can just relocate it by moving the so's and
other libraries onto a new environment.  The apache build where I intend
to deploy does not have the apxs script or config file used by it.  Does
this only provide configuration data to modules at build time, or is it
used at
all by mod_perl at run time?

Apologies if these questions seem at all rudimentary, however I would
appreciate the feedback, so I don't go off on a wild goose chase.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Rafiq