Pete Geenhuizen wrote:
This is my first attempt at GTop.

Unfortunately Solaris doesn't support a recursive grep, and equally unfortunately I wan't able to find u_init64_t anywhere.

With some Googleing around I came across this fix to compiling libgtop on Solaris 8 and 9

" For the meantime, I patched glibtop.h to have

#ifndef u_int64_t
#define u_int64_t unsigned long long int
#endif "

I applied the above to glibtop.h and that allowed GTop to finally compile.

It should have been applied to GTop.xs, as it has nothing to do with glibtop itself I believe. I'll apply it.

With that done, back to what started this whole thing, Apache::VMonitor. Using cpan the compile works, but the tests fail with this error which causes the install to fail.

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ...glibtop: kvm_open(): Error 0
(126)Cannot assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind to address [::1]:8531
Unable to open logs

Hmm, please upgrade your Apache-Test to the latest version and try again. It's a known IPv6 issue with Apache-Test, fixed in the latest release.

So I installed VMonitor without the test and was able to point my browser at it and got a nice display.

Unfortunately the system function doesn't appear to be working, I don't know if that is related to the u_int64_t cludge, but here's what it shows.

CPU:   0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 0.0% sys, 0.0% idle
Mem:   768M av,  455M used,  313M free,    0K shared,    0K buff
Swap:  325K av,   30K used,  295K free,     0 pagein,     0 pageout

Not sure if any of this helps, but this what I have now.

I guess libgtop is just not fully functioning under Solaris. That's not GTop's problem, but the underlying C libgtop library. You may need to ask whoever supports it (which I could never find).