Brad Bowman wrote:
Hello,

I've had problems with <Perl> sections causing leaks with
graceful restart, at least with some versions/setups of mod_perl.
I thought the problem should be noted in the guide.

A patch is attached for:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.pod.orig

I no longer have my test code, it was a while ago.
Here's the link and mail exchange that confirmed my tests:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/304620

Thanks for the patch, Brad. But are you sure this is still the case with the latest mp1? This thread that you've quoted is 4 years old. And it doesn't show any code that may cause such a leak.

Or do you refer to this note:

it's not a crime, but if you're running Perl code during restart there's a
strong chance you'll be growing the server size.  i agree 1M is bizarre
though.

In which case this should probably mention:

+Also, be aware that <Perl> sections can also cause leaks during
+graceful restarts.  See the (sub)thread:
+http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/304620

"when running some perl code"? as in 'besides using <perl> sections to do dynamic configuration'?