> Thanks for the patch, Brad. But are you sure this is still the case with the
> latest mp1? This thread that you've quoted is 4 years old. And it doesn't show
> any code that may cause such a leak.

I'm reasonable sure I got the leaks with apache 1.3.27 and
mod_perl 1.27.  I don't know about newer versions.

I've looked again and can't find the code I used, I think it
was defining a sub which was probably the leak.

> >>it's not a crime, but if you're running Perl code during restart there's a
> >>strong chance you'll be growing the server size.  i agree 1M is bizarre
> >>though.
>
> In which case this should probably mention:
>
> > +Also, be aware that <Perl> sections can also cause leaks during
> > +graceful restarts.  See the (sub)thread:
> > +http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/modperl/304620
>
> "when running some perl code"? as in 'besides using <perl> sections to do
> dynamic configuration'?

I took the "if you're running Perl code during restart" to include
dynamic configuration code.  I don't really understand the process
so I'll defer to you.  I'd just like to see <perl> sections mentioned
as a possible culprit.

Brad

--
 Ikuno Oribe said, "If a retainer will just think about what he is to do
 for the day at hand, he will be able to do anything. If it is a single