--- Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:58, Grant wrote:
> > Since the former still doesn't work, I don't think
> the
> > module is loading properly.  I think where I'm
> stuck
> > is the startup.pl file that is supposed to tell
> the
> > system where the Interchange::Link.pm file is.
>
> What makes you think this?  Do you have error
> messages?  You're not
> giving us much to go on.  Have you asked the
> Interchange developers who
> wrote the module about this?

I had forgotten to check my error_log file.  Sorry
about that.  I have many entries in error_log like
this:

ok= defined=
sockname=/usr/local/interchange/etc/socket: Permission
denied

I have defined in my apache2.conf file:

<Location /foundation>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler Interchange::Link
PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
PerlSetVar InterchangeServer
/usr/local/interchange/etc/socket
</Location>

The socket file looks like this:

srw-------  1 interch users    0 Jun 28 11:35 socket

I have asked the Interchange list without any help.
IC is an awesome piece of software, but it can be very
tough to get answers out of the list.
Interchange::Link is totally brand new.

> > use lib qw(/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2);1;
> >
> > which seems kind of redundant to me
>
> To me too.  I doubt that is accomplishing anything.
>
> - Perrin

This is everything the Interchange::Link README file
says about installation:

INSTALLATION
    You must specify that Apache use mod_perl, and you
must tell it where to
    find the Perl modules you want to use.

    On a Red Hat Linux system you might copy this file
    /usr/lib/httpd/perl/ via this procedure:

        mkdir -p /usr/lib/httpd/perl/Interchange
        cp Link.pm /usr/lib/httpd/perl/Interchange

    Then you provide a startup script that tells
mod_perl where its
    libraries are:

        cd /usr/lib/httpd/perl
        echo "use lib qw(/usr/lib/httpd/perl);1;" >
startup.pl

    Then you can put in your
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

        PerlModule Apache2
        PerlRequire /usr/lib/httpd/perl/startup.pl

    Finally, you specify a location like:

      <Location /foundation>
        SetHandler perl-script
         PerlResponseHandler  Interchange::Link
         PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
         PerlSetVar InterchangeServer
/var/run/interchange/socket
         PerlSetVar OrdinaryFileList
"/foundation/images/ /foundation/dl/"
      </Location>

- Grant

P.S. I'm getting 2-3 copies of some messages on this
list, and they seem to be written to me with a CC to
the list.  Is this configurable?  It is difficult to
reply properly this way.