On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Yes, thank you, we know that. Those test are fixed in the current cvs.
> > Could please you try that?
> > http://perl.apache.org/download/source.
> > html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution
> >
> 1. Tried modperl-2.0_20040729042917.tar.gz. the build stops again :
>
> make: don't know how to make dynamic. Stop
>
> make: stopped in /usr/home/mgorb/httpd-test/modperl-2.0/xs/APR/aprext
> *** Error code 2
>
> 2. changed to that directory, tried make :
>
> make: don't know how to make static. Stop
>
> make: stopped in /usr/home/mgorb/httpd-test/modperl-2.0/xs/APR/aprext
>
> 3. grepped through the Makefile, maybe the problem is with:
>
> .PHONY: all config static dynamic test linkext manifest
>
> There is no targets for static, dynamic here and no includes for other
> files.

The xs/APR/aprext/ stuff is only needed on certain platforms
(Win32, perhaps AIX) for which the way the APR::* modules
are built by default doesn't work (this is related to having
APR::* usable outside a mod_perl environment). I'm not sure
why it's trying to build something here - on linux, for
example, it just goes into that directory, sees there's
nothing to do, and then moves on. That'll have to be fixed;
in the meantime, in the Makefile.PL of xs/APR/aprext/
there's a couple of lines:
   my @skip = qw(dynamic test};
   push @skip, q{static} unless Apache::Build::WIN32;
Could you try commenting these out to see if that helps?

--
best regards,
randy