From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 1:29 PM
To: Simon Miner
Subject: Re: mod_perl regex conundrum

Simon Miner wrote:
[...]

> We found most of these approaches by looking in Practical mod_perl and the
> mod_perl Developer's Cookbook.  Are there any other suggestions that folks
> on the mailing list can offer us as we continue to troubleshoot this
issue?

If you can pinpoint the chunks of code that you find slow, I can try to
look at those to optimize them. e.g the regex that you've mentioned.
It's usually possible to rewrite the regex to make it faster. If you can
setup a self contained package with Benchmark.pm using Geoff's
Apache-Test skeleton (http://apache.org/~geoff/) -- that will save me a
lot of time trying to reproduce the environment. Though I'm working on
linux, but hopefully it shouldn't make much difference.