William McKee wrote:

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 09:51:14PM -0700, Ben Hopkins wrote:

I'm running RH 8, apache 1.3.23, mod_perl 1.29.

Have you tried compiling with a newer version of Apache? It's up to
release 1.3.31 now. I'm pretty sure that mod_perl 1.29 was released
several months after the release of Apache that you are building. Is it
possible there is a mismatch? Have you tried adding /perl-status[1]?

1: It was running just fine on those releases before I made the changes described in the OP. Why does it not run now?

2: I added /perl-status and got a 404 error, just like I get for /server-status, /server-info, and /howdy locations. _It's exactly as if mod_perl were not installed!_

Wait a minute! It is exactly as if the "SetHandler" directive is always ignored. (Which is why /server-status and /server-info do not work.) I don't remember if they worked before this. Is it possible that I forgot something that implements SetHandler???