On 12/10/2004, at 11:46 AM, MARTIN Pierre wrote:

I think your linker is broken. I say that because it included the linking
directives:

   -L/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/CORE -lperl

but the resulting mod_perl.so doesn't show it up. It should have
complained if it didn't find it. Try upgrading your linker (cc) and try
rebuilding mod_perl again.

Okay, maybe you know the name of the package i have to search for?

I hope this thread ends here, it would mean my problem does too...
If not, we will talk again soon! :O)
Anyway i am going to find this, do it, and whatever happens i'll give you
feedback...

Thank you VERY MUCH, it was really nice from you to help me!

If you want mod_perl for Apache2 in Debian, I'd suggest you use a packaged
version; it's a lot easier.

mod_perl for apache2 in Debian is in the package libapache2-mod-perl2,
which is in testing and unstable distributions.

If you really need to use woody for some reason, I'd suggest that you
grab the sources for the testing version of the package, and work from
there. That way, you will have a list of the other packages you need in
order to build it, and any debian-specific workarounds or similar will
be in-place. You will also get the benefit that at the end of it all,
you'll end up with a package that can easily be installed onto multiple
servers.

You may find that you end up needing a whole chain of backports of more
recent versions of things in order to make it work. In that case, I'd
consider using the testing distribution. You won't (yet) get security
updates reliably, but that is being worked on, as testing is going to
become stable fairly soon. And there are a whole lot of other goodies
in testing that aren't in stable -- perl 5.8 and lots more perl modules
that weren't previously packaged, for example. And gcc 3.3...

Cheers,

Nick -- Nick Phillips / +64 3 479 4195 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] # these statements are my own, not those of the University of Otago