Jon Forrest wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

Jon Forrest wrote:

Stan suggested that I try the CVS version, which I did.
I reported that its make procedure has a problem finding
httpd.

Sorry for calling you Stan, Stas.

No worries :)

Did you try building the DSO version? Did it work for you?

It builds but make test fails for the reason I originally mentioned - the test can't find httpd.

Oh, sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about the static build. Could you please post the output of:

t/TEST -conf -trace=debug

Also this shouldn't affect things, but any difference if you set
APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 env var?

APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1 t/TEST -conf

2) In the past, when I've run this step, I saw
that both the DSO and the static versions of
mod_perl will be made, as the documentation
states. This time I only see that the DSO
version is being made.

Yup, we have changed that, because we found that there is no point in building the two. Can you please point out where in the docs it still claims to build both?

In http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#mod_perl_Build_Options

it says:

"MP_USE_DSO - Build mod_perl as a DSO (mod_perl.so). This is the default.
It'll be turned off if MP_USE_STATIC=1 is used."

and

"MP_USE_STATIC - Build static mod_perl (mod_perl.a). This is the default.
It'll be turned off if MP_USE_DSO=1 is used."

Since both are the default it's implying that both are built
which used to be true.

By the way, to correct a typo, in
"Static mod_perl - Before you proceed make sure that Apache 2.0
has been downloaded and extracted. mod_perl cannot be build before that"

change "build" to "built".

Also, in the section where you describe MP_APXS I would suggest
saying that MP_APXS should not be used when MP_USE_STATIC is
used (assuming this is true).

Excellent. Could you please send a doc patch against:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/config.pod.orig
(it's updated every 6 hours)
or against the docs cvs (preferrable if you plan on posting more improvements, hint, hint :):
http://perl.apache.org/download/docs.html

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com