Are you talking about mp1? This would be a possibility but with a significant performance hit. You could turn it the other wayround because you know when your server is starting:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache.html#Global_Variables

Because I'm at it where do I find these variables in mp2 or what could be used instead of it?

Tom

Arshavir Grigorian wrote:

eval { $r = Apache->request(); }

     # we have a request, dump the error page
}

On a separate note, why would one even bother with Apache::Log->log_error? instead of just using CGI::Carp (for simple/basic error loggin that is

I am just trying to wrap my head around the many ways of doing the same thing, so any comments you might have would be very much appreciated.

Arshavir