Thierry Valentin wrote:
Hello,
I'm currently using the following configuration:

- Perl 5.8.4.810 from Activestate
- Apache 2.0.52 installed from the MSI package
- mod_perl 1.99_17 installed with ppm from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca

All these 3 packages are frehsly installed and I did no other additions.

After configuring mod_perl in http.conf I tried the following:

- preload Win32::OLE with a 'use Win32::OLE' in the mod_perl startup script:
=> Apache2 refuses to start.

- preload Win32::OLE with a PerlModule Win32::OLE' directive in http.conf:
=> Apache2 still refuses to start

What's strange is that CGI scripts that use Win32::OLE under mod_perl in an identical server configuration run successfully!

What did I miss?

The exact error messsage?