* Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-01-19 21:14]:
> Young, Darren wrote:
> > I installed their (RedHat) mod_perl rpm (1.99_09)
>
> I understand that you're trying to stick with your vendor's packaging
> system, but that's a really old version of mod_perl 2.  It was released
> about two years ago, and there have been two years worth of bug fixes

I just tried fighting this battle recently, in the end deciding to
just run a custom apache1.3/mp1, with the perhaps overly-optimistic
plan of hoping RedHat releases a newer MP2 (after release) which I can
then install (in parallel) with RPMs (I installed MP1 in /usr/local).

> > [Wed Jan 19 14:34:18 2005] [error] [client 67.184.77.67] Can't locate
> > object method "print" via package "Apache::RequestRec" at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Status.pm
> > line 144.!

I wish I had kept notes - I hit the same problem - I believe it's as
Perrin mentioned, it's an older version of Apache::Status. I'm vaguely
thinking I altered startup.pl and added

use Apache2;
use Apache::compat;

which I *think* did the trick. But then I hit other confusing issues
trying to figure out what the status of everything was - libapreq,
whether or not Apache::DBI was fully working, etc., and didn't have
time to test everything enough myself so I fell back to MP1.

I found it difficult to find comprehensive, updated instructions for
handling a move from MP1 to MP2. I'd guess once MP2's released all
that will catch up, but at this point I basically chickened out.

Good luck! (and of course I hope people will point out any errors in
my advice to you...)

-Todd

--

toddgrimason*todd-AT-slack.net