Thanks, Stas!

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 02:51, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Looks good to me. IMHO I'd spend the little possible time on the history.
> When you have only a 45min, as an attendee I'd rather be interested in the
> present and may be a little bit about the future, but past is past... :)

I fully agree with your view on history. It was an initial idea to give
a hand to the mod_perl's main stream by the clear numerical example of
how good the technology (mod_per) is for successful further development.
On the other hand this part (sufficiently detailed in the text of the
proposal) somehow supports the idea of a "New Open Source Paradigm",
that from my point of view decreases the chance for the proposal to be
rejected (again;-). However, I do not expect to spend a lot of time on
this during the session. My approximate time-line is supposed to
include:

some 20% - compression basics with examples and dynamical features;

some 10% - how good is Apache::Dynagzip on the top of the mod_perl;

some 50% - what is on the top of the Apache::Dynagzip that makes life of
ISPs (and their clients) easier; + brief overview of Internet Banking
features and the problem of the "rich content on every page" for content
providers.

the rest of the time -- some 20%, I hope to spend on prospective
implementations of dynamic data compression and hope to initiate a
discussion around this subject.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks,
Slava