On Feb 8, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Boysenberry Payne wrote:

Since I can’t seem to figure out how to install apache_1.3.33 on mac ox x from source, I’m going to try and fix my issues with my currently installed version (comes with os x.)
The problem I’m having is with mod_perl and mysql. I used fink to install mysql at one point and it confused mod_perl as to which mysql database to use. When I use mod_perl as a mod_cgi script it gets the right database, when I use perl scripts using mod_perl it gives me the following error:

dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd can't open library: /sw/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.14.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
[Tue Feb 8 14:43:05 2005] [notice] child pid 436 exit signal Trace/BPT trap (5)

What I think I need to do is get mod_perl to look for the right library file for my currently working mysql database.

I use Marc Liyanage's package for MySQL on my PowerBook.

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/

Your errors look like you're mixing versions of perl, as if the one you're compiling mod_perl with is getting confused between the system perl and the fink perl.

I compiled my own perl from source and put it in /opt. My ls -l /opt looks like this:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root   admin    11  3 Apr  2004 perl -> perl-5.8.3/
drwxr-xr-x   5 root   admin   170  3 Apr  2004 perl-5.8.3

I then put /opt/perl/bin in my path via .bash_profile. That way when I use sudo it sees that perl too.

I also installed Apache and mod_perl from source. I'm using DSO for mod_perl. My script to build Apache (with ssl):

---

INSTALL_ROOT=/usr/local/apache

export SSL_BASE=/opt/ssl

BUILD_DIR=$HOME/src