I tried running one script below and got the following:

./installer: line 11: cd: /Users/boysie/src/mm-1.*: No such file or directory
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.33
+ using installation path layout: Darwin (config.layout)
configure:Error: No such module named 'yes'
./installer: line 16: cd: /Users/boysie/src/mod_ssl-2.*: No such file or directory
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.33
+ using installation path layout: Darwin (config.layout)
configure:Error: invalid option '--with-apache=/Users/boysie/src/apache_1.3.33'
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.33
+ using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
configure:Error: No such module named 'ssl'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

So my questions are what is mm-1.* and if I put this all in a file named
installer and made it executable, then ./installer, am I doing it right?
Also, I'm using perl 5.8.6, is that ok?

So far no matter how I try and install apache 1.3.33 I get an error saying:

dyld: /opt/local/apache/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_log_config_module

My real issue came when my mod_perl (default os x app) became confused about which mysql database
dyld file to use. It's using one fink set up, when I want it to use another.
Maybe that's what I should try and see if I can change without compiling it all over again.
It showed up when I tried to use mod_perl instead of mod_cgi. mod_cgi was using the
right database, where as mod_perl wasn't.

Do you know how to change the dyld mod_perl looks for?