Jason Dixon wrote:
> I'm trying to install a non-root statically compiled Apache/mod_perl
> (1.x) on a test server.  I've installed everything in my home directory,
> including Apache::Session, but libapreq is failing to recognize the
> mod_perl installation.  Can someone tell me how to get libapreq
> installed for this scenario?  Here's the failed attempt:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] libapreq-1.33]$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/perl
> mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 36.

when you install modules you need to either put them someplace where perl
can see them by default, or tell perl where to find them.

if you installed mod_perl into your home directory then you need to tell
perl about it if you want Makefile.PL to be able to find it.  something like

$ PERL5LIB=~/perl/lib perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/perl

HTH

--Geoff