>>If you're going to run beta or pre-release code - you've got to accept the
>>risks that go with that.
>
> I think we all knew this. But rc4 was about the last one before formal
> release,
> and Stas promised since rc2 or something that there would be no API change
> (I'm
> not blaming him on this though). I've had rc4 in production for some time, and
> I'll have to keep it possibly for a very long time to come.

I was thinking along those same lines this morning that I wouldn't move
from rc4 for a while.  I've got a small app that I've put together over
the past couple months.  But it was too much for me to resist trying out
this new release any longer and I ported my app today in about 30 minutes.

Most of that time was spent reading
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html and the discussion threads
from the past week.  It was really easy.  A lot of the critical modules
such as CGI have been ported to work with rc5, and if you run into any
that aren't, it's easy to port those yourself for the most part.  For
what it's worth, I recommended making the move.  It's not as difficult
or time consuming as you may think.

- Fred