Philippe M. Chiasson wrote on 23.06.2005:

>Perrin Harkins wrote:
>>On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 11:29 +0200, Jan Eden wrote:
>>
>>>Everything works - but how can I know if Apache::DBI really keeps
>>>my database connection alive?
>>
>>Turn on the debugging for Apache::DBI and check your error_log.
>>See the Apache::DBI docs for instructions.
>
>Alternatively, enable Apache2::Status
>
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Status.html#Description
>
>And as long as you load Apache2::Status before Apache::DBI, you
>should get a new menu option to see the cached connection from the
>Apache::Status main page.

I tried both suggestions. DBI connections do *not* show up on the
Apache2::Status screen, but Apache::DBI does write to error_log, saying

620 Apache::DBI             need ping: yes
620 Apache::DBI             new connect to
'database:localhostuserpasswordAutoCommit=1PrintError=1RaiseError=1Username=user'
620 Apache::DBI             disconnect (overloaded)

immediately after calling a script which does a regular DBI->connect to my
database.

My current httpd.conf has (included via mod_perl.conf)

PerlModule Apache2::Status
PerlPostConfigRequire /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl

and the /usr/local/apache2/conf/startup.pl has

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
$ENV{MOD_PERL} or die "GATEWAY_INTERFACE not Perl!";
use Apache::DBI;
use strict;
$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;

What is the overload message supposed to tell me? What is causing an overload
for Apache::DBI when I execute just a single request to the database?

Thanks,

Jan
--
There's no place like ~/