Perrin Harkins wrote on 24.06.2005:

>On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 10:02 +0200, Jan Eden wrote:
>>What is the overload message supposed to tell me?
>
>That you called disconnect but Apache::DBI prevented the handle from
>being disconnected.
>
>The "overload" message is just poorly worded.  It should probably
>say "overridden" or something instead.
>
>Apache::DBI is working fine on your server.

That is certainly good news! I now also tweaked Apache::DBI to include a menu
item for Apache2::Status (instead of Apache::Status) and my DB connection is
listed indeed. Great!

After going through all this, I did an ApacheBench with/without Apache::DBI
being used (1000 requests, 10 concurrent), and it turned out that Apache::DBI
is actually slowing down delivery from 13 requests/second to 7.78 (on my local
test machine).

Oh my.

Thanks for all your help,

Jan
--
Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends.