On 8/15/05, David Hodgkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > HTML::Template got ruled out because the only way to get templates
> > to render as xhtml valid is to use info as comments
>
> Huh? you want to validate templates? A template is just that. What
> it renders to should be validated!

By having validatable templates, he can reduce his interactions with
the designers.

If the target regex was set to something like

     use hypothetical_substituting_template_system
          template_vars_hashref => \(our %TemplateVars),
          target_regex => qr{<font color="FF0000">\s*([^<]+?)\s*</font>};

for example, the designer would be able to specify template names in by
coloring the text red, without viewing any source code.

--
David L Nicol
Do you really not know the difference between