On Aug 15, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Perrin Harkins wrote:

Since Petal (and HTML_Tree, but that's a dead project) are the only ones
that do this at all, I'd say most people are doing just fine without
templates that are valid XML.  I don't remember you mentioning this
requirement earlier.  If you had, I would have told you Petal was your
only option.

Yeah, I never mentioned that... although it was mostly because I assumed that most templating languages would provide for that. I think looking at everyone's suggestions and talking with everyone pushed me more towards Petal too.

HTML::Template does provide for it in a roundabout way - using comments, and the new version of Text::Tagtemplate handles it well. Neither are 'viewable' templates.