Hi all, it's me again :D

I am still trying to improve my company's webapp performance. I'm testing it with httperf and autobench. The application seems to be able to respond when hammered by 20 connections per second and 10 calls per connection. But then, it doesn't respond to any request when the connection rate is raised to 40 (with 10 calls per connection) and above.

What does the apache treats as a request (hence forks another child)?
- every new connection, or
- every http request regardless of it comes with a new connection or comes through an existing connection

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

My only guess is because the connections goes over the MaxClients count while the existing apache children are still processing the previous requests. But why, then, none of the requests after 40 conn/sec is responded?

I'll give more detail if requested.

THANKS A LOT!!!

---
Badai Aqrandista