I tried to set PerlSetEnv/PerlPassEnv variables as described in the guide.
It was difficult for me to do it properly as I did it for the first time. I
even could set them incorrectly. Besides that, my mod_perl2 was installed
and set up properly (it works excellently); but saying about Apache::DBI
module I should note that there isn't any mention about those variables in
the corresponding man. Hence, it's most probably, those variables can not be
a cause of my problem.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/config.html#PerlSetEnv_and_PerlPassEnv