On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:32:49 -0800
Curtis Poe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been searching like mad through the docs for how to do something
> that I know must be really simple.  Let's say that I've added
> something like that to httpd.conf:
>
>    PerlModule Some::Application
>
>    <VirtualHost *>
>      ServerName    some.application
>      DocumentRoot /some/non_standard/path
>
>      <Location />
>          SetHandler modperl
>          PerlResponseHandler Some::Application
>          Order allow,deny
>          Allow from all
>      </Location>
>    </VirtualHost>
>
> So far, something like this has worked well for me getting my app and
> up and running.  However, what I need to be able to do is let someone
> have a running mod_perl 2 setup and dynamically "pull in" the above
> information from an external file or add that information via Perl
> (in other words, I don't want to touch the default httpd.conf file).
> How the heck do I do that?

  I'm not sure if it's what you're after, but have you thought about
  using an Include in your httpd.conf?

  Many distros now setup Apache defaultly to "Include conf.d/*" so
  you can "drop in" configs like this without having to muck with
  the original/main httpd.conf.

  Or are you looking for a way to share this information with cron
  scripts or something?

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.wiles.org