On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:07:56 -0500
Dan Axtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> my server is running Apache 2.0.54 and MP 2.0.2.  I'm trying to
> become familiar with the environment, but I get the impression most
> CPAN modules really want to run under Apache 1.X.
>
> In particular, I installed Apache::SessionManager, but can't get
> Apache to restart when I add the config lines
>
> PerlModule Apache::SessionManager
> PerlTransHandler Apache::SessionManager
>
> I get the error "Can't locate Apache/Const.pm " when Apache tries to
> load SessionManager.
>
> I know that the SessionManager module is requiring modules like
> Apache::Const, Apache::RequestRec, Apache::SubRequest, etc. which all
> exist on my system as Apache2::*.   I've tried using those but I get
> another set of errors.  I'm not confident of my ability to rewrite
> this module to get it working.
>
> So I'm wondering in general, should I downgrade to Apache/mod_perl
> version 1 if I want to use CPAN modules?  Or is MP2 really becoming
> the preferred environment?

  Hi Dan,

  You'll find that many CPAN modules have been ported to work with
  2.x, but some still haven't.  Typically the code change is very
  easy, I would bet it you contact the author of the module they
  can get it upgraded quickly.

  If you've having trouble with a particular module, let me know and
  I'll take a look at it and get it ported.  Can't guarantee how
  fast I can get it done, but I'll do my best.

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.wiles.org