.. just curious:

are you running on a Linux box with 2.6.x kernel ? If yes, then you might have the trouble we had with apache AND mysql and pthreads.

Solution: just move /lib/tls to s.th. like /lib/tls.save and restart mysql and apache -> solved.

If anyone likes, I can give more input.

cheers

Andreas

Todd W schrieb:

"Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
how many connections do you get from a show processlist in mysql?

It looks right, show processlist counts connections * processes, even during
a stress test.

is it possible that some scoping issue had the connect occuring
during prefork, instead of postfork, and mysql is dying from apache
trying to do everything via 1 persistent connection?

startup.pl uses ->connect_on_init.

Like I say I think I'm cool now I've hit the server with over 100,000
requests on different parts of the site and not one hang yet. I couldn't
even do "ab -n 100 ..." without it hanging before.

trwww