Instead of using MP2 syntax, etc, we're still using:

   print "Content-type: $type\n\n";
   print "blah";

and in sending redirects, we use stuff like:

   print "Location: $url\n\n";

Is this a problem or is it just bad style?

What reasons are there to continue our port to use  the correct response
handler syntax, etc?
<<<<<

It's slightly slower. Effectively those headers have to be re-parsed by Apache::Registry. Another example is that $r->print is faster than a plain print.

Although Apache::Registry gives a good speed boost by itself, you need to make use of the mod_perl API to actually get the best out of it.

The next step from there is not using Apache::Registry at all, but putting mod_perl handlers into their own modules/packages. However there's more of a change here to other ways of working - for example you need to restart server to introduce code changes.

Carl