On Thu, 18 May 2006, Thomas Hilbig wrote:

> --- Enno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Let me guess, they are using apache 2.0.55 as
> > proxy...
> > mod_proxy in 2.0.55 has problems with properly
> > delivering chunked
> > encoding.
> > The CGI.pm error sounds very familiar to the one I
> > had with apache 2.0.55
> > proxy.
> >
> > 2.0.54 and 2.2.2 dont have the chunked encoding
> > prob.
> >
> > Enno
> >

> Just so I'm clear on this, you think the customers
> that are having the problem are using a 2.0.55-based
> proxy and my end is simply waiting for the rest of the
> data?  I am assuming the one client is using a
> Symantec proxy because of the HTTP_VIA env variable --
> but I don't know if that product is based on apache or
> not.
>
> HTTP_VIA="1.0 WEBSENSE01SA, 1.0 Symantec_Web_Security
> (3.0.0.52)"

hmm, I wouldnt go so far to say symantec is selling apache
as a proxy... but it is possible that the symantec proxy has
the same bug...

also, please note that I located that bug in systems with reverse
2.0.55 proxies, using ssl on both ends.

> Is there a third-party URL that I can ask my (big
> company) users to test against to prove to them it is
> not at my (small company) end?

any form where you can post a large amount of kbs (eg 30kb)
of data will do just fine. (or even upload a 100kb file using a form)

> Would I see the problem at my end if I used something
> like tcpdump to capture the packets?  What am I
> looking for?
>
> Tom

I'd guess so, I never had to go through the troubles as I
was able to locate the problem quite quickly without it.

Enno