--- Enno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Just so I'm clear on this, you think the customers
> > that are having the problem are using a
> 2.0.55-based
> > proxy and my end is simply waiting for the rest of
> the
> > data?  I am assuming the one client is using a
> > Symantec proxy because of the HTTP_VIA env
> variable --
> > but I don't know if that product is based on
> apache or
> > not.
> >
> > HTTP_VIA="1.0 WEBSENSE01SA, 1.0
> Symantec_Web_Security
> > (3.0.0.52)"
>
> hmm, I wouldnt go so far to say symantec is selling
> apache
> as a proxy... but it is possible that the symantec
> proxy has
> the same bug...
>
> also, please note that I located that bug in systems
> with reverse
> 2.0.55 proxies, using ssl on both ends.

The form is non-SSL . It doesn't sound like the same
problem.

> > Is there a third-party URL that I can ask my (big
> > company) users to test against to prove to them it
> is
> > not at my (small company) end?
>
> any form where you can post a large amount of kbs
> (eg 30kb)
> of data will do just fine. (or even upload a 100kb
> file using a form)
>
> > Would I see the problem at my end if I used
> something
> > like tcpdump to capture the packets?  What am I
> > looking for?
> >
> > Tom
>
> I'd guess so, I never had to go through the troubles
> as I
> was able to locate the problem quite quickly without
> it.

The CGI script does get kicked off -- I added file
logging to the script to see where it was hanging and
found the problem at the "new CGI" line.  If it is a
chunking problem, does Apache not recombine the chunks
before launching the script?  If so, then I wouldn't
expect to see the script launch in the first place.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Is there some code I
can put in the script to trace or confirm the health
of the POSTed call without initiating CGI.pm?

Tom