Apache::SizeLimit has a long-standing bug on Linux where it never actually kills a child, because of Perl's caching of ppid info internally, and the way this interacts with Apache's forking.

See this thread for details: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200505.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

At $DAYJOB, we have a hacked version that works around this problem. I'd like to release a version with a less hack-y fix to CPAN so we can stop maintaining a forked version in-house.

Are there any objections to me doing this? I'd need someone with maintainer privs for mod_perl1 to give me co-maintainership of that module for it to get indexed, obviously.

-dave