Dave Rolsky wrote:
> Apache::SizeLimit has a long-standing bug on Linux where it never
> actually kills a child, because of Perl's caching of ppid info
> internally, and the way this interacts with Apache's forking.
>
> See this thread for details:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200505.mbox/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
>

> At $DAYJOB, we have a hacked version that works around this problem. I'd
> like to release a version with a less hack-y fix to CPAN so we can stop
> maintaining a forked version in-house.
>
> Are there any objections to me doing this?

uh, yeah.  how about you submit the patch here and we incorporate it?
just uploading modules to CPAN that collide with the namespace of
existing modules that are part of a distrubution isn't the way things
typically work.  I mean, you wouldn't ask this of p5p for a module like,
say, Storable, would you?

--Geoff